Monday, March 10, 2014

Where does the time go?

Hi there; Birdie here!

How is it already Monday again? Last week I didn't have classes Monday or Tuesday, so Friday came up really quickly. I hope that neuro test turned out okay--we should be getting it back today. I'm pretty sure I passed, but I'm not sure whether I kept my grade up. And I've hardly been home at all this weekend. On Saturday I went to the Dream Clinic. Luckily no one busted their heads open this time! And afterwards I studied with a couple of my classmates until midnight for our diagnostic imaging exam. Then Sunday I went to mass, got home and hurriedly ate lunch, then headed out again for our first Pathfinder session. It was really fun, although I'm kind of disliking the whole premade setting thing. The DM really should have just not allowed me to be a Vishkanya if literally everyone else in the setting is the ~6 basic races. Seriously, everyone--he has numbers/percentages. A couple of funny highlights: the druid's companion, a velociraptor, won the balance competition (the village decided it didn't count and picked the human runner-up, but baby velociraptors  aren't very intelligent so he thought they were cheering for him), and the fighter and paladin kept trying to Diplomacy people and when that failed Intimidate them. Towards the end they started skipping the first bit. And after that, guess what--more studying until the late night/early morning with the group. I got a lot out of it, but tonight I think I need to study on my own so I can focus on what's going to be on the exam and not understanding (more complicated) clinical stuff.

We also had our first diagnostic imaging club wetlab this past week. Looking over thorax cases. It would have been nice if we could have had abdominal rads, since that's what's on the exam! It was cool, though. Not enough people showed up to do the competition, but that just means everyone won. All of us who showed up are going to get laser pointers in different colors! That way next time we can each point out what we're talking about on the projection.

Colorado was fun. We read half of the Lightning Thief book, and I skiied with dad three days. I didn't get to go ice skating or even get my blades sharpened, though. I left them in the shop the second day, and when I went to pick them up a couple of days later so I could skate, the rink was being torn up or something, the store was closed, and the blades hadn't been sharpened (luckily I hadn't paid already). At least I got them back! Baton Rouge airport was the worst pain though. First my original flight out (to Houston, where I would meet up with my family) got delayed so I almost missed them. Then coming back...well, really it was Denver coming back. My original first flight got delayed 3 hours. I got on a different flight to Houston eventually but still missed my connection, and couldn't get off standby for the next two flights to Baton Rouge. I stayed up all night in the airport (studying neuro, of course) and missed the first two hours of class on Wednesday. One was intro to vet med, so not something I need to study, but I still need to listen to the hour of renal physiology I missed. Hopefully it was recorded!

If you're an SDNer reading this, don't worry, I'll get to the BTotW soon. I just wanted to get my weekly update done first. :) I couldn't skip the topic I came up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment